CAFI offers supportive programs and services to assist clients residing in Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether and Troup counties. If you are in need of supportive services, please feel free to make an appointment at one of our neighborhood service centers.
CAFI staff work with clients around job readiness and employment service connection. In an effort to promote stable and fulfilling employment for clients, CAFI staff perform initial client analysis, one-on-one employment coaching and connections with organizations in the community that provide supportive employment services.
Employment Services are comprised of the following:
• Initial Client Assessment
• Employment Stabilization Plan
• Ongoing Case Management following Employment Placement
• GED Information & Connection
• Vocational Training Information
• Client Employment Barrier Removal
CAFI’s Home Weatherization Program enables low-income families to reduce their home energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Through direct household repairs and energy efficient upgrades, CAFI Weatherization Assistance reduces energy costs by increasing the energy efficiency of homes while prioritizing resident health and safety.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP):
An annual program beginning around November, the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program provides financial assistance to help offset eligible Georgia household’s home energy, gas or propane bills.
• Eligibility is based on income guidelines and important verification documents including: Household income, Social security cards, valid photo identification and a recent copy of your household energy bill.
• Advance applications are available to low-income seniors (over 65 years of age) beginning November 1st.
Client Service Connection:
Centered in an approach aligned with client self-sufficiency, resource & referral and direct client resources, CAFI provides comprehensive service connection to low-income clients residing in Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether & Troup counties. CAFI services are comprised of the following:
• Services Resource & Referral
• Housing Stability
• Food Security - Monthly food commodity boxes and weekly food pantry
• Utility & Energy Service Stabilization
• Limited Transportation Services
• Benefit Assistance/ Advocacy
• Re-entry Case Management
• Youth Leadership Training
• Referrals for Veterans Benefits